Thursday 28 June 2012

For Richer or for Poorer?



"97% of people work a J.O.B (Just Over Broke). All of them want an M.B.A. (Massive Bank Account). They are clueless on how to create wealth and be R.I.C.H. (Residual Income Creates Happiness), Continuously surrounding themselves with H.A.T.E.R.S (Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success), and then wonder ...why they are P.O.O.R (Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly)" 
 -Ronette Wood


Eversince I was a little kid, I have always thought of one thing, "I want to be rich when I grow up". That's what I keep telling myself over and over during the early days of my life. Then at one point, when my mind started working it's way to making practical decisions, it came to me that what I needed to do was to have a JOB to become rich, and also that is what my parents imposed upon me ever since they knew I understood well.

And then it dawned on me that my aunts, uncles and cousins ABROAD are earning so much dollars and I said to myself "I want to go there, because I want to earn like them", well you know the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side."

So I studied my butt off and worked my way to having my own license, I AM A NURSE. Then it occurred to me, what's next?

I never thought my body would be the one to hold me back. I was planning on choosing Med School. I was totally devastated when my doctor said this, "If you want to go to Med School, I suggest you go and have your pacemaker implanted on you." And the worst was yet to come. He added "If you also want to work as a nurse or any employee at that, I want you to have a pacemaker." he suggested. It wasn't immediate so I didn't have to decide early.

It was then that my parents want me to gain experience, so I can work abroad and gain money for my pace. I wanted out at that moment. I couldn't decide. My mind was working like crazy and I wanted myself to have a pacemaker before working to make sure that I don't strain as much as Nursing school. But I had to oblige. I have to please them. My parents were the ones looking for places that I would take my chance and be hired. They were controlling my life once more. It's okay, I mean, I've obeyed them my whole life and it's the same as now. I still wanted to please them.

I trained for a government hospital for 6 months and my health was not at it's best. I was literally dying at the hospital. I wanted out. My parents understood my situation and they agreed. I was presented a business opportunity after the grueling training in the government hospital and it occurred to me that this maybe the one. The moment where I can work freely and earn the way I want to earn. I told my parents but they were against it. I wanted to do it, I wanted to make it so I did everything I could to do it, but that's another story.

And now, I'm happy with what I'm doing, my health is at it's best so far, my heart is not straining and I am enjoying the time I work. I no longer need to work strenuously just to please others. I no longer care for what other people might think because this is me and I am happy. Although my parents showed no support at first, they are happy for me, they are also supportive and encouraging now.

How do I become rich? I still ask my that question everyday but I think the answer is already in my hands. I started becoming rich when I no longer thought of pleasing others. I started becoming rich when I chose to do what I believed in. There may be times when I still try and please them but mostly because they became accustomed and finally believed that I can do it. Our parents, our teacher, our professors taught us one thing to SURVIVE in this world, we will need a JOB. But when I opened my eyes, that's where I saw, to become RICH as we have dreamed, we need to invest in our future. I suggest you do the same but just to make it clear, make the right choices and grab the opportunity presented.




invest in your future. :)
thejanraphaelbc


Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment